QuickBooks is the widely accepted accounting software. It is specially popular in small and medium-sized businesses. As it is developed and marketed by Intuit, the main focus was kept on the easy usage of the QuickBooks software. The software can manage most of the bookkeeping functions and financial functions associated with the retail business. Payroll, invoicing, business expenses, sales receipts, are other important functions of the QuickBooks. But sometimes, users may face QuickBooks Error 6000,83 which can be resolved by QuickBooks Support.
Reason Behind QuickBooks Error 6000,83
The various reasons behind QuickBooks error 6000,83 are:
• Incomplete QuickBooks installation
• Damaged company file (.qbw)
• The folder where company file was stored has been damaged
• QuickBooks hosting has been enabled on both servers instead of just one
• More than one users trying to access the data file
• Incorrect permissions to the server to access company files
• The user who is trying to access the company files doesn’t have the correct permissions
• Incorrect File Extension
Fix QuickBooks Error 6000,83
The followings steps can be taken to fix the error depending on when the error has occurred:
While opening company file which is located on window server
• Download QuickBooks File Doctor and resolve the error through it.
• If QuickBooks was installed on more than one system, then hosting should be turn off from all the PC.
• Open-File section >Go To Utilities. Now, if you still see Host multiple user access then user’s computer is not hosting the QuickBooks file.
• If users see an option ” Stop hosting multiple user access” click on Yes. Again click yes to “company file must be closed” and continue. Now repeat the same step to another PC.
While opening company file which is stored on a Linux Server: Configure Linux Database Server Manager, then specify the directory Initord.conf and restart the system after this. Now, go to command prompt to ping the server.
When User was creating a backup while error 6000,83 occurred: It can be resolved by Creating a manual backup and store it in a new folder under C:/ drive
When User was trying to restore a company file : Change file extension .qbw.adr or .qbm to .qbw. Also, if that doesn’t work check for any problems with the file path or the file name.
If you are still facing error or if you are not interested in doing it own, contact QuickBooks Support. Our support team can resolve your issues in few minutes. We are available 24×7 at 1-800-290-0629 to resolve your queries.