QuickBooks Accounting Software is one of the most prominent software which manages your company’s finances including business payments, manage and pay bills, and payroll functions. QuickBooks users face complexity as it provides a lot of features in it. These complexities generate problems for the user and one such issue is to “LOCATE QUICKBOOKS FILE”. To devoid these issues, users may contact QuickBooks Support.
The user can also deal with this issue himself by following the given two methods by QuickBooks Support:
Locating Via QuickBooks
- Double-click the QuickBooks icon on your computer’s Desktop or you can go to “Start” < “All Programs” and then look for “QuickBooks” folder. Open “QuickBooks” by double-clicking on the icon.
- On the QuickBooks startup screen, double-click on your company’s file name. Press and hold the “Ctrl” key and then press “1.” The window launches consisting of Product Information.
- Focus on “File Information” section for the directory path containing your QuickBooks “.qbw” file. Write down the directory path on a piece of paper for future reference.
- Close QuickBooks.
Locating Via Windows Search
- Go to “Start,”< “Control Panel” < “Appearance and Personalization.” Select “Folder Options” and then click the on “View” tab. Then select “Show hidden files, folders, and drives” under the Advanced settings heading by clicking on it. Click “OK” to view hidden files on your computer.
- Click “Start” and enter “*.qbw” in the “Search programs and files” box. The search results will appear instantly in the search results box.
- Select “*.qbw” file by clicking right button and select the option from the sub-menu you want, if desired. Or note down the directory path for future reference.
- Repeat Step 1, and this time click on “Don’t show hidden files, folders, and drives” under the Advanced settings heading. Click “OK” to accept the changes.
If the problem still pursues, you can contact QuickBooks Technical Support by dialling @ 1-800-290-0629 and get assistance from experts to solve your queries 24X7.